Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These shrimp are awesome! Add some cayenne pepper to the sauce to give it a little more kick if you like it spicy.
- Sauce: Combine in a small saucepan over medium heat until butter is mixed through.
- Cover, keep warm on low heat.
- Shrimp: Combine egg and milk in a small bowl.
- Have the flour ready in a large Ziploc bag.
- Coat six of the shrimp with milk/egg mixture, then toss them in the bag of flour and shake well to coat.
- Repeat the process with the next six shrimp.
- Make sure they are all nicely coated with flour.
- Deep fry at 375° 8-10 minutes until the shrimp tails are dark brown.
- Remove, drain, and toss gently with your prepared buffalo sauce.
- This can be done by shaking gently in a large Tupperware container with a lid.
I made this recipe and added teriyaki sauce to original buffalo sauce. Flavor was AWESOME. Wii definately make again.
This is a great recipe and easy to make. We used Frank's Wing Sauce and it tasted just like Hooter's.
I made these last night, and they were excellent. They taste exactly like the Hooters' Buffalo Shrimp. I got crazy with the cayenne, so they were extra-hot. (It's how we like it though.) These tender morsels disappeared in no time. I'll definitely make these again soon...but I think next time I will be trying this recipe on boneless chicken strips (cheaper, and no deveining to worry about).