Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Blue Cheese Dressing
- 2 tablespoons blue cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- celery rib
- 2 1⁄2 lbs chicken wings, wing tips cut off,trimmed and separated into 2 joints.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 -5 tablespoons Tabasco sauce (3 tblsps for mild; 4 tblsps for medium; and 5 tblsps for hot)
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- oil, for deep-frying
- To make dressing: Place everything in food processor and process until smooth.
- For wings: Melt butter and add Tabasco, to taste, in large saucepan.
- Add vinegar and remove from heat.
- Heat oil in large frying pan.
- Deep fry wings, a few at a time, until nicely-browned and crisp, about 10-15 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Reheat sauce and add wings to saucepan.
- Toss to coat evenly and, if you like crisp wings, run them under the broiler for 3-5 minutes.
- Transfer to a platter.
- Serve with celery sticks and Blue Cheese Dressing on the side.
Good Wings! The bluecheese dipping sauce was good, and easy too. I used Texas Pete hot sauce instead of the Tabasco--I don't care for Tabasco. I also dredged the wings in plain flour, then in and egg/milk wash, then in flour seasoned with Tony's Cajun seasoning befor frying. Then I tossed the wings in the hot sauce--this gives the sauce something to stick to. They came out great--thanks for posting.