Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
OH MY GOD, I will forever continue to subscribe to Bon Appetit magazine. A good hit of curry spices up this classic. Begin marinating the chicken in the buttermilk mixture the night before. Time estimate does not include marination.
- Mix buttermilk, curry powder, 3 teaspoons salt and pepper in large bowl; Add chicken; turn to coat; Cover; chill at least 4 hours, but overnight is recommended.
- Remove chicken from refrigerator; Line 2 baking sheets with paper towels; Mix flour, chili powder and 3/4 teaspoon salt in shallow dish.
- Add enough canola oil to 12-inch skillet to reach depth of 1/2 inch; Heat over medium-high heat to 375°F.
- Remove 6 chicken pieces from buttermilk mixture; Dip in flour mixture and turn to coat; shake off excess.
- Add chicken, skin side down, to skillet; Reduce heat to medium-low; Cover, cook until brown, about 12 minutes.
- Turn chicken over; Cook uncovered until cooked through, about 5 minutes for breasts and 10 minutes for legs and thighs; transfer to paper towels.
- Repeat with remaining chicken.