Sandi (From CA)'s Note:
OH MY GOD, I will forever continue to subscribe to Bon Appetit magazine. A good hit of curry spices up this classic. Begin marinating the chicken in the buttermilk mixture the night before. Time estimate does not include marination.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix buttermilk, curry powder, 3 teaspoons salt and pepper in large bowl; Add chicken; turn to coat; Cover; chill at least 4 hours, but overnight is recommended.
- 2Remove chicken from refrigerator; Line 2 baking sheets with paper towels; Mix flour, chili powder and 3/4 teaspoon salt in shallow dish.
- 3Add enough canola oil to 12-inch skillet to reach depth of 1/2 inch; Heat over medium-high heat to 375°F.
- 4Remove 6 chicken pieces from buttermilk mixture; Dip in flour mixture and turn to coat; shake off excess.
- 5Add chicken, skin side down, to skillet; Reduce heat to medium-low; Cover, cook until brown, about 12 minutes.
- 6Turn chicken over; Cook uncovered until cooked through, about 5 minutes for breasts and 10 minutes for legs and thighs; transfer to paper towels.
- 7Repeat with remaining chicken.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buttermilk Fried Chicken With a Curry Flair
Serving Size: 1 (365 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1396.8
- Calories from Fat 1145
- Total Fat 127.2 g
- Saturated Fat 13.2 g
- Cholesterol 118.1 mg
- Sodium 1283.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 36.1 g