1/1 Photo of Buttermilk Fried Chicken with Dill
Karen From Colorado's Note:
Fried chicken at its best. The coating on this is so crispy and delicious you will never fry chicken any other way again. Edited to add: If you have the time, try soaking your chicken in the buttermilk all day or even over night. This makes for some very moist chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse chicken and pat dry; set aside.
- 2Fill a large frying pan to 1/2 its depth with cooking oil.
- 3Heat to 325 degrees.
- 4Combine flour, dill weed, garlic salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- 5Fill another bowl with the buttermilk.
- 6Place chicken, one piece at a time in the buttermilk.
- 7Shake of excess milk.
- 8Coat lightly in flour mixture.
- 9Shake off excess flour.
- 10Dip again in the butter milk and the flour mixture.
- 11Fry chicken, a few pieces at a time skin side down for 10 to 15 minutes.
- 12Turn chicken to fry 12 to 15 minutes longer or until juices run clear when pierced with a fork.
- 13Drain on paper towels.
- 14Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buttermilk Fried Chicken with Dill
Serving Size: 1 (344 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 959.3
- Calories from Fat 405
- Total Fat 45.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.2 g
- Cholesterol 219.5 mg
- Sodium 362.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 66.1 g