Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
A delicious hot fingerfood.
Make and share this Butternut Pumpkin and Sage Risotto Bites recipe from Food.com.
- 500 g butternut pumpkin, peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 50 g butter
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh sage leaves
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- vegetable oil, for deep frying
- sour cream
- fresh herb (to garnish)
- Chop the pumpkin into 1cm pieces.
- Heat oil and butter in a large pan.
- Add the onion and garlic, cook until onion is soft.
- Add rice, cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- Add pumpkin, stock and water; bring to the boil.
- Simmer, uncovered, over a low heat for about 35 minutes.
- Stir occasionally.
- You want all of the liquid to absorb and mixture to become thick.
- Remove from heat and stir in sage and parmesan.
- Spread mixture out onto an oven tray to cool.
- Roll tablespoons into balls, flatten slightly.
- Coat in flour, shaking away any excess.
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan and deep fry balls, in batches, until lightly browned and crisp.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve bites topped with a dollop of sour cream and garnished with fresh herbs.