A delicious hot fingerfood.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g butternut pumpkin, peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 50 g butter
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh sage leaves
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup flour
- vegetable oil, for deep frying
- sour cream
- fresh herb (to garnish)
- 1Chop the pumpkin into 1cm pieces.
- 2Heat oil and butter in a large pan.
- 3Add the onion and garlic, cook until onion is soft.
- 4Add rice, cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- 5Add pumpkin, stock and water; bring to the boil.
- 6Simmer, uncovered, over a low heat for about 35 minutes.
- 7Stir occasionally.
- 8You want all of the liquid to absorb and mixture to become thick.
- 9Remove from heat and stir in sage and parmesan.
- 10Spread mixture out onto an oven tray to cool.
- 11Roll tablespoons into balls, flatten slightly.
- 12Coat in flour, shaking away any excess.
- 13Heat vegetable oil in a pan and deep fry balls, in batches, until lightly browned and crisp.
- 14Drain on paper towels.
- 15Serve bites topped with a dollop of sour cream and garnished with fresh herbs.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butternut Pumpkin and Sage Risotto Bites
Serving Size: 1 (1204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 40.1
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 2.8 mg
- Sodium 17.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 0.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh sage leaves