This is a great dish, but should only be attempted by someone who has experience with doing this. It is also expensive due to the large amount of oil needed. Not recommended for indoor cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse turkey inside and out.
- 2Mix 1 part crab boil concentrate to 4 parts water.
- 3Combine dry ingredients with crab boil solution.
- 4Adjust seasoning to taste.
- 5Inject turkey (approximately 2" apart) with mixture using syringe (available from gourmet kitchen stores.).
- 6Cover turkey with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- 7Heat oil to 350°F
- 8CAUTION: Use a fryer thermometer to monitor the oil. It may ignite if the temperature goes beyond 375°F.
- 9Put turkey in basket and CAREFULLY lower it into the pot.
- 10Cook 5 minutes per pound.
- 11Check in 1 hour using a meat thermometer (you're looking for an internal temperature of 180F).
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cajun Deep Fried Turkey
Serving Size: 1 (4615 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 7377.3
- Calories from Fat 3311
- Total Fat 367.9 g
- Saturated Fat 103.3 g
- Cholesterol 3087.2 mg
- Sodium 16912.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.4 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 931.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
liquid crab boil concentrate