Tracy K's Note:
A delicious and inventive use of Asian won ton wrappers. Similar to the one served at Friday's, but better! Source: Chef Sandy Patterson
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb andouille sausage
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 lb cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 ear corn, roasted and removed from the husk
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted,peeled,seeded and julienned (cut into strips)
- 1 pinch cumin
- 1 pinch chili powder
- salt and pepper
- 15 -20 egg roll wraps
- oil (for frying)
- 1Dice the sausage to about the same size as the corn.
- 2Cook sausage in a skillet over low heat.
- 3After about 3-4 minutes, add onion and garlic.
- 4Simmer together for about 10 minutes.
- 5Remove from heat.
- 6Stir all ingredients together in large bowl.
- 7To form egg rolls: Place the wrapper on a flat surface with one corner pointed toward you.
- 8Moisten the edges of the wrapper with water.
- 9Place three Tbsp of the mixture in the center of the wrapper.
- 10Fold the corner pointing towards you over the mixture, and press it tight.
- 11Fold the right and left corners over the mixture and adhere them to the first fold.
- 12Roll the package over itself to seal the last flap, like and envelope.
- 13Make sure to seal it well.
- 14Heat oil to 400, fry egg rolls in small batches until crisp and heated through.
- 15Serve with Remoulade Dipping Sauce (see my other recipes).
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cajun Egg Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (85 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 361.5
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 29.1 mg
- Sodium 630.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 15.8 g