Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A delicious and inventive use of Asian won ton wrappers. Similar to the one served at Friday's, but better! Source: Chef Sandy Patterson
- 1⁄2 lb andouille sausage
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1⁄4 lb cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 ear corn, roasted and removed from the husk
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted,peeled,seeded and julienned (cut into strips)
- 1 pinch cumin
- 1 pinch chili powder
- salt and pepper
- 15 -20 egg roll wraps
- oil (for frying)
- Dice the sausage to about the same size as the corn.
- Cook sausage in a skillet over low heat.
- After about 3-4 minutes, add onion and garlic.
- Simmer together for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir all ingredients together in large bowl.
- To form egg rolls: Place the wrapper on a flat surface with one corner pointed toward you.
- Moisten the edges of the wrapper with water.
- Place three Tbsp of the mixture in the center of the wrapper.
- Fold the corner pointing towards you over the mixture, and press it tight.
- Fold the right and left corners over the mixture and adhere them to the first fold.
- Roll the package over itself to seal the last flap, like and envelope.
- Make sure to seal it well.
- Heat oil to 400, fry egg rolls in small batches until crisp and heated through.
- Serve with Remoulade Dipping Sauce (see my other recipes).