A yummy version of friend Catfish with a bit more zip than the typical recipes. If you like fried Catfish, I think you'll like this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 lbs catfish fillets
- 1/2 cup prepared yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 cups white cornmeal
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 quart cooking oil (enough to deep fry the fish)
- 1Preheat the oil in a deep fat fryer to 375°F.
- 2Cut the fish into 2 to 3 ounce pieces.
- 3Combine mustard, Tabasco sauce, Worcestershire sauce, cream, water, and wine in a large mixing bowl until well blended.
- 4Put the white cornmeal in a food processor and blend at high speed for about 2 minutes; It will make the mixture much finer.
- 5Pour the mixture into another large, dry mixing bowl and add the flour and remaining ingredients, except for the cooking oil.
- 6Mix well together until well blended; coat the fish pieces in the mustard mixture, then roll the fish in the dry cornmeal/flour mixture.
- 7Fry the fish in a deep fat fryer at 375°F; the fish should float to the top of the grease and turn a golden brown.
- 8Remove from the fryer and drain on a stack of dry paper towels.
- 9This makes awesome Po' Boy's or just plain old fish sandwiches.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cajun Fried Catfish
Serving Size: 1 (511 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2135.2
- Calories from Fat 1600
- Total Fat 177.8 g
- Saturated Fat 26.5 g
- Cholesterol 181.1 mg
- Sodium 1731.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 67.7 g