This is a family recipe. Growing up my mom only make these on special occassions. I actually always have these in my freezers for whenever i am hunger for them. Everyone that has tried these egg rolls loved it. Beware: they are very addictive!
- 1 lb ground pork or 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 2 cups vermicelli rice noodles (soaked in hot water, then cut to 2 inches in length)
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 yellow onion, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 32 ounces egg roll wraps (2 packages)
- oil (for deep frying)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3 tablespoons water
- Soak the rice noodles in hot water for about 10-15 minutes. Cut to 2 inches in length.
- In a large bowl mix first 12 ingredients and set aside.
- In a small bowl mix flour and water to make a loose paste to seal the wrappers.
- Instructions on how to roll the egg rolls should be on back of the each packages. Use 1-2 tbsp of filling for each wrappers and seal edges with the water and flour mixture. Make about 55-60 depending on the amount of fillings you use. Give or take. (There has been times that i have more fillings and less wraps or vise versa).
- Deep fry until golden brown. Cook time is about 15-20 minutes per batch depending on your fryer and amount or egg rolls per batch.
- Serve with favorite sweet and sour sauce.