Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Posted by request... dip these into Bergy's mango chutney!
Make and share this Caribbean Coconut Shrimp recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup beer
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried, grated coconut
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cayenne (or ground chilis)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- Dip shrimp individually into the batter and then roll in the coating.
- Allow to drain on paper towel.
I thought these were decent. The coconut coating mixture, with all the different spices, didn't really knock my socks off. Too much pepper, I think. I served these with Julesong's Twice-cooked Coconut Shrimp dip, which I also reviewed.