Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a recipe I am posting for a request. I have not tried it myself. By Chef Jamie Roraback
Make and share this Caribbean Yucca Fries recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups yucca root, peeled,cut into shoestring size pieces about 2 ½ inches long
- vegetable oil, as needed (for deep frying)
- salt and black pepper
Mango habanero ketchup
- 1 cup tomato ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup mango, very ripe,peeled,pit removed,and diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon habanero pepper, outside of pepper chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Heat tall deep-fry pot halfway with vegetable oil to 325 degrees F.
- Add 1 c.
- yucca fries to the oil at a time and fry for about 2½ minutes or until golden brown, cooked through, and crisp.
- Drain on paper towels, and season to taste.
- Repeat with three other batches.
- For ketchup: Combine all ingredients in blender, puree until smooth.
- Serve with yucca fries.
- Note: I would dry yucca with paper towels well before frying.