This is a recipe I am posting for a request. I have not tried it myself. By Chef Jamie Roraback
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups yucca root, peeled,cut into shoestring size pieces about 2 ½ inches long
- vegetable oil, as needed (for deep frying)
- salt and black pepper
Mango habanero ketchup
- 1Heat tall deep-fry pot halfway with vegetable oil to 325 degrees F.
- 2Add 1 c.
- 3yucca fries to the oil at a time and fry for about 2½ minutes or until golden brown, cooked through, and crisp.
- 4Drain on paper towels, and season to taste.
- 5Repeat with three other batches.
- 6For ketchup: Combine all ingredients in blender, puree until smooth.
- 7Serve with yucca fries.
- 8Note: I would dry yucca with paper towels well before frying.
Browse Our Top Caribbean Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caribbean Yucca Fries
Serving Size: 1 (292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 402.1
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 697.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 97.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 20.2 g
- Protein 3.9 g