Prep1 hr 15 mins
Someone asked me the other day how I made hot wings. Didn't have a printed recipe, just always did the same sort of stuff. Had to sit down and work it out. Here's the recipe. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Note that I put the minimum marinating time in with the prep time.
- Cut wings into pieces discarding tips.
- Wash and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place pieces into a dish or a large baggie, add ½ C hot sauce and seal.
- Marinate at least 30 minutes or overnight is good too.
- Heat oil in deep fryer to 350°.
- Place flour, salt, pepper and cajun seasoning in a large baggie.
- Drain wings but do not pat dry.
- Add wings a few at a time to baggie, shaking to cover, then remove.
- Continue until all pieces are well coated with the flour mixture.
- Make up more if you need it.
- Discard the bag.
- Slowly add 1/2 of the wing pieces to hot oil.
- Fry until golden brown.
- Remove and drain on paper towel.
- Cook remaining wings and drain.
- In the meantime, melt butter in microwave.
- Add remaining ½ C hot sauce.
- Toss fried wings in sauce mixture and serve with your choice of Ranch or Blue Cheese dressing and celery sticks.