1/8 Photos of Carolyn's Favorite Hot Wings
1 hr 15 mins
Someone asked me the other day how I made hot wings. Didn't have a printed recipe, just always did the same sort of stuff. Had to sit down and work it out. Here's the recipe. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Note that I put the minimum marinating time in with the prep time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut wings into pieces discarding tips.
- 2Wash and pat dry with paper towels.
- 3Place pieces into a dish or a large baggie, add ½ C hot sauce and seal.
- 4Marinate at least 30 minutes or overnight is good too.
- 5Heat oil in deep fryer to 350°.
- 6Place flour, salt, pepper and cajun seasoning in a large baggie.
- 7Drain wings but do not pat dry.
- 8Add wings a few at a time to baggie, shaking to cover, then remove.
- 9Continue until all pieces are well coated with the flour mixture.
- 10Make up more if you need it.
- 11Discard the bag.
- 12Slowly add 1/2 of the wing pieces to hot oil.
- 13Fry until golden brown.
- 14Remove and drain on paper towel.
- 15Cook remaining wings and drain.
- 16In the meantime, melt butter in microwave.
- 17Add remaining ½ C hot sauce.
- 18Toss fried wings in sauce mixture and serve with your choice of Ranch or Blue Cheese dressing and celery sticks.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carolyn's Favorite Hot Wings
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1079.3
- Calories from Fat 701
- Total Fat 77.9 g
- Saturated Fat 29.9 g
- Cholesterol 323.1 mg
- Sodium 1942.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 66.1 g