1/1 Photo of Cashew Chicken
This is one of my all-time favorites. I usually double the recipe to make enough for company or leftovers. It can be a little tricky at the end doing several things at once, so my dh usually fries the chicken while I'm finishing up the rest of the meal. I'm not real sure about the prep and cook time, but did include marinate time in the prep time. Sorry if some of the instructions seem vague. A lot of it is personal choice and trial and error. But don't let that scare you off. This is a fantastic meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -4 chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1Stir together marinade ingredients.
- 2Add chicken.
- 3Let sit for 1 to several hours.
- 4Flour chicken well.
- 5Stir together eggs, milk,salt, and pepper.
- 6Place chicken pieces in egg mixture, then roll in flour again.
- 7The flour/egg/flour process can be messy but its important.
- 8Fortunately, it doesn't have to be precise.
- 9Try shaking the chicken in a bag or using a big fork to stir it all around.
- 10The chicken can and probably should sit in the flour and/or egg for a few minutes while the sauce and rice are started.
- 11Make sauce by combining all the ingredients together and heat to boiling.
- 12Thicken with cornstarch.
- 13I do this by putting about 1/4 c cornstarch in a cup, then stirring in 1-2 tablespoons of sauce at a time into the cornstarch.
- 14When it is smooth and pourable, I whisk it into the boiling sauce.
- 15Allow to cook while frying the chicken.
- 16Fry chicken pieces in oil.
- 17Serve chicken over rice, cover with sauce, and garnish with onions and cashews.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cashew Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (457 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 361.9
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 220.3 mg
- Sodium 4495.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 41.0 g