1 hr 7 mins
The recipe is from the 'Thursday' magazine(the local magazine here). Its a part of a contest currently going on and this recipe was submitted by Salma Ali Khan. She won 50 dollars for this one! There was a request on the Boards for fried chicken and so, here it is! ENJOY!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 -1 1/2 kg whole skinless chicken
- 2 tablespoons ginger-garlic paste
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice or 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 4 tablespoons low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ajwain, powder
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon raw papaya (ground)
- 1/4 teaspoon red food coloring
- oil, for frying
- 1Make 2 deep slits on each side of the chicken.
- 2Mix all the ingredients.
- 3Apply the mixture evenly on the chicken.
- 4Marinate for 30 minutes.
- 5Then place the chicken in a pan.
- 6Cover and cook on low heat for 10-15 minutes or until the chicken is fully tender.
- 7Remove from heat.
- 8Heat oil in a wok.
- 9Fry the chicken on each side on low heat for about 2 minutes or until very light brown.
- 10Serve hot with fresh salad and mint chutney.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chargha (FRIED CHICKEN)!
Serving Size: 1 (1145 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1741.0
- Calories from Fat 335
- Total Fat 37.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 852.3 mg
- Sodium 3141.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 13.1 g
- Protein 313.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: