Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe comes from an Indian newspaper I read long back. Enjoy!
Make and share this Cheese and Olive Cigarillos With Citrus Mayo recipe from Food.com.
- 25 ml olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 200 g rice, cooked
- 10 g parmesan cheese
- 10 g mozzarella cheese
- 8 -10 olives
- 8 -10 chives
- 200 g breadcrumbs
- 50 g cornflour
- 50 g refined flour
- 250 ml water
For the citrus mayo dip
- 1⁄2 orange, rind of
- 1⁄2 orange, segments of
- 1⁄2 orange, juice of
- 50 ml mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add onion, garlic and celery.
- Stir-fry till the onions are transparent.
- Fold in the cooked rice.
- Season it and allow it to cool.
- Fold in both the grated cheese, chopped olives and chives.
- Shape this mixture like thin cigars.
- Knead together the cornflour and refined flour adding water as is required to prepare the batter.
- Dip the cigar shapes in the batter.
- Coat with breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a wok and deep fry these until golden brown.
- To prepare the dip, simply fold in all the ingredients in a bowl and serve alongside the dish.