Matt Booth's Note:
Easy to make with two types of cheeses and a little heat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- peanut oil
- 2 1/2 lbs idaho potatoes
- 6 ounces shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 2 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese
Ingredients for Creole Seasoning
- 1Pour peanut oil into a deep, heavy-bottomed stockpot or deep fryer, to a depth of 4 or 5 inches.
- 2Preheat oil to 350 degrees F.
- 3Peel potatoes and cut into 1/3 inch thick rounds using a crinkle french fry cutter.
- 4Fry potatoes until golden brown and cooked through, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- 5Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towel-lined plates.
- 6Season the fries lightly with Creole seasoning and salt.
- 7Place fries in a wide, shallow casserole dish or baking sheet and sprinkle with the shredded cheddar and monterey jack cheeses, layering the fries and the cheese.
- 8(If you want the cheese to be completely melted, bake in a 350 degree F oven for about 4 minutes after layering the fries and cheese.) Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese Fries
Serving Size: 1 (243 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 327.9
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 38.6 mg
- Sodium 2570.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 14.6 g