Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
Easy to make with two types of cheeses and a little heat.
Make and share this Cheese Fries recipe from Food.com.
- peanut oil
- 2 1⁄2 lbs idaho potatoes
- 6 ounces shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 2 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese
Ingredients for Creole Seasoning
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme (can used Emeril's Essence Creole Seasoning instead)
- Pour peanut oil into a deep, heavy-bottomed stockpot or deep fryer, to a depth of 4 or 5 inches.
- Preheat oil to 350 degrees F.
- Peel potatoes and cut into 1/3 inch thick rounds using a crinkle french fry cutter.
- Fry potatoes until golden brown and cooked through, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towel-lined plates.
- Season the fries lightly with Creole seasoning and salt.
- Place fries in a wide, shallow casserole dish or baking sheet and sprinkle with the shredded cheddar and monterey jack cheeses, layering the fries and the cheese.
- (If you want the cheese to be completely melted, bake in a 350 degree F oven for about 4 minutes after layering the fries and cheese.) Serve immediately.
Very nice recipe for Cheese fries!! I enjoyed making this recipe for a change from regular deep fried french fries that I usually make. Simple to come together for a quick meal with a burger. Its a keeper in the burger and fry book! Thanks for sharing!
Delicious recipe the entire family liked. I cheated and used frozen fries due to time constraints, and used medium cheddar in place of mild. The spice mix adds a lot of flavor to the fries, I did cut the cayenne pepper down to a tsp as I'm the only spice lover in the family. Still came out with a subtle kick. Will be making this often for a treat, thanks for posting!