1/2 Photos of Cheesiest Fried Chicken Empanadas With Queso Dip
This is a recipe from Paula Deen, foodnetwork.com. I made this for tonight's dinner & served with a side of my recipe for spanish rice (http://www.recipezaar.com/280608). It was great! My husband said it was a 4 our of 5 star dinner. Although, I tweaked the sauce to my own tastes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups chicken, cooked and chopped (about 4 to 5 chicken breasts)
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded cheese (Colby and Monterey Jack cheese blend)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts (I used http -- or /www.recipezaar.com/45383)
- 1Preheat vegetable oil in a deep-fryer to 350 degrees F.
- 2In a large bowl using a rubber spatula, combine the chicken, colby and Monterey cheese, cream cheese, red pepper, jalapeno, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- 3Remove 1 pie crust from pie tin onto a lightly floured surface and roll into a 15-inch circle.
- 4Cut out rounds, using a 3-inch cookie cutter. Re-roll dough as needed.
- 5Repeat procedure with remaining pie crusts, making 12 to 15 circles total.
- 6Arrange 1 round on a clean, flat surface.
- 7Using a pastry brush, lightly brush the edges of crust with water.
- 8Place 1 heaping teaspoon of chicken mixture in the center of the round.
- 9Fold the dough over the filling, pressing the edges with a fork to seal.
- 10Repeat with the remaining rounds and chicken mixture.
- 11Place empanadas in deep-fryer for 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- 12Top with queso dip.
- 13Note: Up to this point, the recipe can be made ahead and frozen for up to 1 month.
- 15In a medium sauce pot, slowly heat cheese over medium/low heat.
- 16When cheese is fully melted add tomatoes, stirring with spoon until combined well.
- 17Pour cheese dip into a small casserole dish and serve as a dip for the cheesy empanadas or pour on top for a real cheesy effect.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesiest Fried Chicken Empanadas With Queso Dip
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 285.4
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 22.4 mg
- Sodium 732.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 6.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: