Mitch Smith's Note:
This is a great way to use leftover rice. Very tasty. This is a variation of recipie# 226013 http://www.recipezaar.com/Left-over-Rice-Cakes-226013 Preparation time does not include cooking the rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups cooked white rice (cool)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 1 cup taco blend cheese
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs or 1 cup tortilla, crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 small onion, chopped very fine
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 4 cups peanut oil (for frying)
- 1Heat the peanut oil in a heavy iron frying pan until it just starts to smoke.
- 2Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- 3Mixture should be sticky enough to form patties and hold together.
- 4Make a ball the size of an extra large meatball then smash it flat between your hands.
- 5Drop into hot oil.
- 6Fry for about 4 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- 7Remove from oil and drain on a rack or paper towels.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Leftover Rice Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (563 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2459.9
- Calories from Fat 2010
- Total Fat 223.3 g
- Saturated Fat 38.5 g
- Cholesterol 211.5 mg
- Sodium 2013.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 100.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 18.0 g