Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this recipe at several different Asian websites and it seems like it might resemble a turnover. NOTE: Cherry dessert wontons can be assembled and frozen. To use, let thaw for 10 minutes and then fry.
- To assemble wontons, place approximately 1-1/2 Tsp Cherry Pie Filling (2 cherries plus sauce) in the center of each wonton wrapper.
- Moisten the edges of each wrapper, bring one corner up over the filling to the opposite corner at an angle so that two overlapping triangles are formed.
- Pull the two bottom corners of the folded triangle forward so that they meet one another and slighly overlap.
- Moisten one end and pinch the two ends firmly together; repeat.
- Pour the oil into a deep fryer and heat to 375 degrees F.
- Deep fry the wontons, 8 to 10 at a time for about two minutes or until crisp and golden.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Fried wontons can be kept warm for about one hour in a 250 degree F. oven or reheated for 5 minutes in a 450 degree F. oven.
- Powdered sugar or cinnamon sugar can be sprinkled on the fried wontons, if desired.