I found this recipe at several different Asian websites and it seems like it might resemble a turnover. NOTE: Cherry dessert wontons can be assembled and frozen. To use, let thaw for 10 minutes and then fry.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1To assemble wontons, place approximately 1-1/2 Tsp Cherry Pie Filling (2 cherries plus sauce) in the center of each wonton wrapper.
- 2Moisten the edges of each wrapper, bring one corner up over the filling to the opposite corner at an angle so that two overlapping triangles are formed.
- 3Pull the two bottom corners of the folded triangle forward so that they meet one another and slighly overlap.
- 4Moisten one end and pinch the two ends firmly together; repeat.
- 5Pour the oil into a deep fryer and heat to 375 degrees F.
- 6Deep fry the wontons, 8 to 10 at a time for about two minutes or until crisp and golden.
- 7Drain on paper towels.
- 8Fried wontons can be kept warm for about one hour in a 250 degree F. oven or reheated for 5 minutes in a 450 degree F. oven.
- 9Powdered sugar or cinnamon sugar can be sprinkled on the fried wontons, if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry Dessert Wontons
Serving Size: 1 (129 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1149.8
- Calories from Fat 989
- Total Fat 109.9 g
- Saturated Fat 14.2 g
- Cholesterol 5.7 mg
- Sodium 366.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 6.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sugar-free cherry pie filling