4 hrs 40 mins
4 hrs 15 mins
Fast and easy fried chicken strips with a little twist! Marinate chicken in a tasty lime and soy sauce-based marinade with plenty of garlic, then flour up and fry! Be traditional and serve with brown beans and rice, or dish up a fine fried potato product. Prep time includes marinating.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (about 2 medium limes)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1Combine marinade ingredients in a plastic zipper bag.
- 2Add chicken strips and marinate in refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- 3Combine flour, paprika, pepper and salt in another zipper bag.
- 4Transfer chicken strips to flour mixture, coating evenly.
- 5Heat oil over medium-high heat and fry chicken in batches of 4 strips (don't overcrowd; oil will cool down too much during cooking), taking about 4 minutes per side to brown outside and thoroughly cook insides.
- 6When done, transfer chicken strips to a plate lined with paper towels, and lightly sprinkle with salt.
- 7Cook remaining batches of strips, keeping others warm in a low-temp oven.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicharrones De Pollo (chicken Dominican-republic Style)
Serving Size: 1 (293 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 756.9
- Calories from Fat 243
- Total Fat 27.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 181.6 mg
- Sodium 1852.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 68.2 g