Prep 4 hrs 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Fast and easy fried chicken strips with a little twist! Marinate chicken in a tasty lime and soy sauce-based marinade with plenty of garlic, then flour up and fry! Be traditional and serve with brown beans and rice, or dish up a fine fried potato product. Prep time includes marinating.
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice (about 2 medium limes)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless chicken breasts, strips
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- vegetable oil, about 1 to 1/2 cups (for frying)
- Combine marinade ingredients in a plastic zipper bag.
- Add chicken strips and marinate in refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- Combine flour, paprika, pepper and salt in another zipper bag.
- Transfer chicken strips to flour mixture, coating evenly.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat and fry chicken in batches of 4 strips (don't overcrowd; oil will cool down too much during cooking), taking about 4 minutes per side to brown outside and thoroughly cook insides.
- When done, transfer chicken strips to a plate lined with paper towels, and lightly sprinkle with salt.
- Cook remaining batches of strips, keeping others warm in a low-temp oven.
Thanks! I have a report on the Dominican Republic,so this recipe was helpful.
I didn't love the flavor of these, but they were better with some Mojito. On the plus side my 2yo loved them and it's always good to have a recipe around that he will eat during his more picky times.