Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
A great way to use leftovers. My family love these for lunch with a simple tossed salad. They also make a good main meal served with fresh vegetables. Using seasoned breadcrumbs always adds that little extra. I've made small balls to take along to bring a plate nights.
- Peel potatoes and boil until soft.
- Fry Bacon pieces until golden.
- Drain potatoes and put back in saucepan, mash add butter and cream until creamy and smooth but still firm.
- Add bacon, chicken and cheese to mashed potato mixture and mix well. Cool a little.
- Combine egg and milk until fluffy.
- Take small handful of potato mix and roll into a ball. Dip into egg and roll in breadcrumbs.
- Refrigerate for 20 mins until firm.
- Heat oil for frying. Can be deep fried or shallow fried and cook until golden brown.
- Drain well.
This were awesome! Definately a keeper!
Great recipe An_Net. I tried this recipe so as I can make them for my sons 21st, they were fantastic, I made them as per recipe, but made them into small balls. Everone loved them here. Actually they must be good, there were still some left this morning and none left when I got home!!! lol Thanks for another great recipe An_Net.
These were a delicious combination of flavors. I also had these with a nice salad and my family gobbled them up! Than you for a great keeper recipe that I can toss in the rotation to keep them smiling! **Made for January Beverage Tag 2008*