Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Mexican Cheesy Chicken Casserole
Make and share this Chicken Chilaquiles recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb cooked chicken, in 1-inch strips
- 1⁄8 large onion, Coarsley Chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 1⁄4 cups salsa salsa (Preferably Tomatillo (green)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 4 ounces shredded Mexican blend cheese or 4 ounces colby-monterey jack cheese
- 4 ounces Velveeta cheese or 4 ounces processed cheese slices
- 6 ounces fried corn tortilla strips
- Sweat Onion in real butter (approximately 2 minutes).
- Add Chicken and Chicken Broth, simmer till broth is just about evaporated.
- Add Salsa, simmer and mix thouroughly (approximately 1 minute).
- Stir in Cheeses and then Sour Cream until mixed thouroughly.
- Stir in Fried Corn Tortilla Strips and serve immediately!
This was delicious! My boyfriend is a picky eater so I didn't put the tortilla strips in the casserole. Instead, I served it in a bowl with a side of chips and a side of bread and some mashed potatoes so he could play with the different textures. We both loved it!
This was Awesome! I followed the recipe exactly. We had a bit left over. the next day, we warmed it up in the microwave and used it as a dipping sauce for the homemade chips we made from the unused corn tortillas from the recipe....thank you for such a beautiful recipe!