Laura G's Note:
My family flocks to my house for these!! But, not a problem...They are EASY, EASY, EASY!! A friend gave me this recipe and it has been a MAJOR hit at my house.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil chicken breasts in water for 20 minutes, drain.
- 2Cut chicken into 1/2" cubes.
- 3Melt butter and saute onion until clear.
- 4Add chicken cubes and 1/2 jar of Picante sauce.
- 5Heat through.
- 6Pre-heat 1/4" oil in electric skillet.
- 7Microwave 1-2 tortillas at a time until soft and flexible.
- 8Spoon about 1/2 to 3/4 cup of chicken mixture onto tortilla.
- 9Sprinkle 1/4 c cheese on top.
- 10Fold tortilla over mixture in 1/3, fold ends towards center and fold over.
- 11Place in oil with flap side down and fry til golden.
- 12Turn over and fry other side till golden.
- 13Drain slightly on paper towel.
- 14Serve with warm chicken gravy drizzled on top with a dollup of sour cream and picante sauce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Chimichangas
Serving Size: 1 (108 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 297.1
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 57.5 mg
- Sodium 395.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 17.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: