1/5 Photos of Chicken Egg Rolls
Karen From Colorado's Note:
I got this recipe and others I have posted from the back of a package of egg roll wrappers. They keep nicely in the freezer for up to a month (thaw completely before frying) and for up to 24 hours in the fridge.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Stir together cornstarch and 1 tsp soy sauce; toss with chicken pieces.
- 2Heat 2 Tbsp oil in wok or skillet; stir fry chicken mixture and onion until chicken is no longer pink (about 3 minutes). Remove from wok.
- 3Add more oil if necessary; stir-fry veggies for about 2 minutes.
- 4Add remaining soy sauce to cooked chicken mixture; toss to combine.
- 5Remove mixture to colander to drain and cool 15 minutes before using.
- 6Egg roll filling directions:
- 7Make a sealer by stirring together 1 T.flour and 2 T.water.
- 8Place 1 egg roll wrapper with 1 corner facing you. (Keep remaining egg roll wrappers under a damp towel to keep them moist as you're filling egg rolls.).
- 9Place 3 tablespoons of filling on the center of the wrapper.
- 10Fold bottom corner over filling.
- 11Moisten left and right corners with the sealer.
- 12Fold them to the center, over filling sealing them to the bottom corner.
- 13Brush sealer onto the top corner edges.
- 14Roll egg roll up away from you enclosing filling tightly.
- 15Press top corner onto egg roll to seal(like an envelope); Repeat for each egg roll.
- 16To fry egg roll, pour oil 3 inches deep into wok or Dutch oven; heat to 375 degrees.
- 17Fry egg rolls 3 or 4 at a time, turning once, until brown; drain on paper towel.
- 18Keep warm in a 250 degree oven until all egg rolls are fried.
- 19Serve with soy sauce, sweet and sour sauce or bottled hot mustard for dipping.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Egg Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (665 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 117.0
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 14.2 mg
- Sodium 252.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 7.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
stir fry vegetables