1/1 Photo of Chicken Filets With Pecan or Walnut Crust
Deliciously moist and crunchy chicken with a tangy apricot - ginger - soy dipping sauce. Serve it with cous-cous or rice pilaw and your favorite veggies of the season.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put pecans and bread crumbs together in a food processor and and pulse a couple of times until mixture is finely ground and well mixed, empty on a plate.
- 2Lightly pound filets between two sheets of wax paper, moisten them with a dash of lemon juice and add salt to taste.
- 3Dredge filets on both sides in crumb - nut mixture, using the palm of your hand to pat it on, shake off excess.
- 4Heat coconut oil In a heavy skillet, add chicken and saute on both sides until nice and brown. Turn only once. Work in batches if necessary.
- 5Do not let the oil get too hot otherwise the nuts will turn bitter.
- 6In a small skillet heat apricot jam and soy sauce with the rest of the lemon juice, add grated ginger and chili flakes to taste. Heat through.
- 7Divide chicken filets between 4 heated plates, garnish with lemon wedge and cilantro.
- 8Serve with dipping sauce. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Filets With Pecan or Walnut Crust
Serving Size: 1 (292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 864.0
- Calories from Fat 556
- Total Fat 61.8 g
- Saturated Fat 29.4 g
- Cholesterol 92.8 mg
- Sodium 1326.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 15.9 g
- Protein 38.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: