Deliciously moist and crunchy chicken with a tangy apricot - ginger - soy dipping sauce. Serve it with cous-cous or rice pilaw and your favorite veggies of the season.
- Put pecans and bread crumbs together in a food processor and and pulse a couple of times until mixture is finely ground and well mixed, empty on a plate.
- Lightly pound filets between two sheets of wax paper, moisten them with a dash of lemon juice and add salt to taste.
- Dredge filets on both sides in crumb - nut mixture, using the palm of your hand to pat it on, shake off excess.
- Heat coconut oil In a heavy skillet, add chicken and saute on both sides until nice and brown. Turn only once. Work in batches if necessary.
- Do not let the oil get too hot otherwise the nuts will turn bitter.
- In a small skillet heat apricot jam and soy sauce with the rest of the lemon juice, add grated ginger and chili flakes to taste. Heat through.
- Divide chicken filets between 4 heated plates, garnish with lemon wedge and cilantro.
- Serve with dipping sauce. Enjoy!