1/7 Photos of Chicken Flautas With Chunky Guacamole
Ole!!! Flautas are similar to taquitos, which are rolled tacos. These flautas use flour tortillas to give them light crispiness! The perfect accompaniment is chunky guacamole, with many of the same flavors from the flautas--enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 jalapeno, diced (more or less, to your taste)
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper
- 12 small flour tortillas (about 6 inch)
- oil (for frying)
- 1FLAUTAS: In a bowl, combine all flauta ingredients (excluding tortillas and oil). Allow to rest about 15 minutes to marry flavors.
- 2Place about 2 tablespoons of chicken mixture in center of flour tortilla, and roll-up like a cigar. Secure with a toothpick.
- 3Continue with remaining tortillas. Keep flautas covered with a damp paper towel to prevent drying out.
- 4Heat enough oil in skillet to come almost halfway up sides of flautas (about 1/4 inch depth).
- 5Quickly fry flautas on all sides until lightly golden brown. This happens very quickly, so don't walk away.
- 6Drain on paper towels and serve with Chunky Guacamole.
- 7CHUNKY GUACAMOLE: Dice avocados into chunks and place in a medium bowl.
- 8Add remaining guacamole ingredients, and gently toss to combine.
- 9Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Flautas With Chunky Guacamole
Serving Size: 1 (1409 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 228.0
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 30.4 mg
- Sodium 245.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 13.2 g