1/1 Photo of Chicken Fried Cube Steaks
1 hr 20 mins
Down-home cookin', t'aint nothing quite like it! For breakfast, serve this with some taters. If you prefer it on the dinner menu, I suggest fresh steamed green beans and mashed taters.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs cube steaks
- meat tenderizer
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- cooking oil or shortening
For the Gravy
- 1Sprinkle meat tenderizer on both sides of steaks Prepare coating by mixing salt, pepper, and paprika into flour with a fork Beat eggs in a mixing bowl and stir in the milk Heat the oil/shortening at medium heat while you assemble the steaks.
- 2If you have a large skillet you can fry more than one at a time.
- 3Use enough oil/shortening so it covers the bottom of the skillet by 1/2 inch.
- 4Dip each steak first in flour, then in egg&milk, then in flour, back in egg&milk, final dip in flour and then set carefully in the hot oil.
- 5fry for about 10 min.
- 6then turn steak over-be careful!
- 7The steaks are heavy and you don't want to splatter hot oil everywhere!
- 8If you have some metal tongs, they come in handy for this job, paired with a fork to lift the steak enough to get a firm grip on it.
- 9Fry the other side for about 5 min. until golden, then use tongs/fork to lift onto a paper-toweled plate to drain.
- 10Transfer 2-4 tbsp. grease from frying pan to sauce pot, heat at medium setting.
- 11Make a roux by mixing 1/4 c. flour into the hot grease with a fork, cooking until golden brown.
- 12Add milk and stir mixture often until it bubbles and thickens to your liking.
- 13Salt and pepper the gravy.
- 14Serve gravy over steaks.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Fried Cube Steaks
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 331.8
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 67.8 mg
- Sodium 675.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 12.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: