Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
There are times when I don't wish to mess with the hot oil and deep fat frying and will oven fry them instead. If I am really tired after a long day at work, I will even resort to a prepared baking mix made for chicken. Just follow the instructions on the box and bake as directed.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons parsley, snipped
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- Wash and remove all fat from chicken breasts; pound out to 1/8 inch thick between two pieces of wax paper.
- Cut butter into quarters and lay one in center of each chicken piece.
- Evenly divide onions and parsley between breasts.
- Roll each piece into a log and secure with a toothpick.
- Mix eggs and water.
- Roll each log in flour, then dip in egg and cover with bread crumbs.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight. Deep fry until brown, then bake at 375°F for 5 minutes.
This is not the traditional Chicken Kiev that is served at the local pub and has heaps of garlic in it, but it was still very yummy. I made only one serving of this for me and I really enjoyed it. I pan fried the chicken first only using olive oil spray just to make it a little healthier. Otherwise I kept to the recipe. I served it with Savoury Couscous and wedges of fresh tomatoes. Thank you Queen Dragon Mom
This is such a good recipe. I also skipped the frying and went straight to the oven, so it took a little longer to get it browned. I used much less flour and breadcrumbs - a 1/3 cup each and found it sufficient.
This recipe was delicious! I skipped the deep frying and broiled it in the oven for 20 min. Mighty tasty!