A very tender and succulent chicken dish. This recipe was suggested to me by my Russian friend. I modikfied and improvised and added some different spices than the original. It is delicious, and you should try it.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (6 chicken halves)
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup fine dry breadcrumbs or 3⁄4 cup saltine crumbs
- 1⁄2 medium lemon, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups vegetable oil or 2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- Remove all fat from chicken and discard.
- If chicken breasts are in one piece, split them into two pieces.
- Place each chicken breast in a large zip-loc bag that has been sprayed with a vegetable oil. Using a mallet, or a small frying pan, carefully pound the chicken until about 1/8 inch thickness. The oil helps the chicken to slide while pounding.
- DO NOT POUND TOO HARD SO THE CHICKEN BREAKS UP.
- Place on a dish, cover and set prepared chicken breasts aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together butter, black pepper, granulated garlic powder and mix to combine well.
- Form butter into a 2" x 3" rectangular shape on a 6 inch square piece of aluminum foil; thickness should be about 1/4".
- Place in freezer compartment of refrigerator for about 1/2 hour until butter mixture hardens.
- Cut butter into 6 equal pieces (1/2" x 3").
- Place one piece of butter at the front of each prepared chicken breast.
- Fold in edges just to catch the edges of the butter on each side, then roll the chciken breast to encase the butter completely.
- This is necessary so that the butter does not run out while deep-frying.
- Secure chicken rolls with skewers or toothpicks.
- In a bowl, beat eggs with water.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix together black pepper, garlic powder, dill weed and flour.
- In another separate bowl, measure the bread crumbs.
- Completely coat each rolled chicken into the flour mixture.
- Dip flour coated chicken into the egg mixture.
- Now roll and coat the chicken in the bread crumbs mixture.
- Place chicken in a shallow dish and chill for about 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- In a medium size frying pan, add vegetable oil and heat to medium-high heat.
- Carefully place the chicken rolls into the oil and cook for 5 minutes on each side or until chicken is done and golden brown.
- To test for doneness, cut into 1 rolled chicken to make sure no pink is showing.
- Serve immediately, garnished with lemon twists and parsley.