Here's a twist on the typical chicken kiev! Serve with jasmin rice, & a green salad. The surprise when you cut into the chicken is not just the butter gooing out but the nuts you'll find inside as well and the sweetness from the honey! You can have all prepared and ready to cook for a nice dinner party!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Shape butter into a rectangular block, wrap in plastic and leave in freezer to set solidly.
- 2Peel away chicken skin and flatten between sheets of plastic film, taking great care not to make any holes in the meat.
- 3Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- 4Cut the hard butter into 4 pieces and place each in the center of the chicken fillet.
- 5Make sure the piece of butter isn't too large to be completely enclosed within the fillet.
- 6Fold the edges neatly and roll the fillet up tightly.
- 7Secure with string.
- 8Coat the chicken with flour then egg then dip evenly with bread crumbs, pressing them in thoroughly.
- 9Leave in refrigerator or freezer until coating has set.
- 10Heat oil in a deep fryer or pan to 375F.
- 11Fry the chicken without crowding pan until golden brown.
- 12Do not allow the oil to get too hot, or the chicken will brown before it is cooked inside.
- 13Drain on absorbent paper.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Kiev stuffed with Pecan Honey Butter
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 529.5
- Calories from Fat 289
- Total Fat 32.2 g
- Saturated Fat 17.1 g
- Cholesterol 160.2 mg
- Sodium 431.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 22.1 g