Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Here's a twist on the typical chicken kiev! Serve with jasmin rice, & a green salad. The surprise when you cut into the chicken is not just the butter gooing out but the nuts you'll find inside as well and the sweetness from the honey! You can have all prepared and ready to cook for a nice dinner party!
- Shape butter into a rectangular block, wrap in plastic and leave in freezer to set solidly.
- Peel away chicken skin and flatten between sheets of plastic film, taking great care not to make any holes in the meat.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Cut the hard butter into 4 pieces and place each in the center of the chicken fillet.
- Make sure the piece of butter isn't too large to be completely enclosed within the fillet.
- Fold the edges neatly and roll the fillet up tightly.
- Secure with string.
- Coat the chicken with flour then egg then dip evenly with bread crumbs, pressing them in thoroughly.
- Leave in refrigerator or freezer until coating has set.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer or pan to 375F.
- Fry the chicken without crowding pan until golden brown.
- Do not allow the oil to get too hot, or the chicken will brown before it is cooked inside.
- Drain on absorbent paper.