1/6 Photos of Chicken Lime Taquitos
3 hrs 15 mins
These are absolutely to die for!!! They are not your ordinary taquitos. They're so good, I don't even use guacamole with them, although some still prefer them that way. Remember to get all your veggies in long thin strips. Time includes marinating.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 cup oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 lbs chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup roasted red pepper, julienned
- 1/3 cup pasilla chile, julienned
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, julienned
- 1/3 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- 18 corn tortillas
- oil (for frying)
- 1Combine first 5 ingredients for marinade.
- 2Marinate chicken in mixture for at least 2 hours.
- 3Drain chicken well and grill (I use indoor grill) until done. Allow to cool and shred into 1/8 inch by 3 inch pieces.
- 4Place chicken in bowl and sprinkle with salt and minced garlic. Mix well.
- 5Add red pepper, pasilla, onion, cheese and 1/2 ounce lime juice. Mix thoroughly.
- 6To assemble, warm tortilla on griddle until soft and pliable. If necessary, add a little oil to the pan to help soften the tortillas.
- 7Spoon 2 ounces of chicken filling over tortilla and roll tightly, securing with toothpick.
- 8Deep-fry in oil at 350ºF for 2 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- 9Drain well.
- 10Serve with guacamole, sour cream, and or salsa.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Lime Taquitos
Serving Size: 1 (1575 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 163.7
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 34.1 mg
- Sodium 276.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 12.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: