Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got the recipe from the Great American Favorite Brand Name Cookbook. Works great in a deep fryer.
Make and share this Chicken Nuggets recipe from Food.com.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup vegetable oil (at least 1 cup)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces.
- Heat 3 inches oil in large heavy saucepan over medium-high heat until oil reaches 375°; adjust heat to maintain temperature.
- Meanwhile, beat egg and water in large bowl until well mixed.
- Add flour, salt and pepper stirring to form smooth batter.
- Dip chicken pieces into batter, draining off excess.
- Fry chicken, a few pieces at a time, in hot oil about 4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with sauce of your choice.
Made these last night for my husband, quick and easy and delicious! We both loved them, I did add half a teaspoon of chili powder to add a little kick to it.
Very moist and tender chicken nuggets! The batter was light and fluffy and the meat was perfectly cooked. I served it with a honey - mustard dipping sauce, truly better than Mickey D!
I made this recipe. However, I used no eggs and I used cajun seasoning instead of salt and pepper. It was amazing ... looked like Mickey D's, but tasted a whole lot better! Thanks for the idea!