1/4 Photos of Chicken or Beef Chimichangas (Tex-Mex)
These are from the delicious TexMex cuisine that are like fried burritos. Posted for ZWT.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb bacon, pieces
- lard (or oil for sauteing and as needed)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 lb ground chicken (or beef)
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped and drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Mexican oregano
- 1 -2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
- 12 flour tortillas, warmed
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 1In skillet, saute bacon and onions in lard for 3 minutes.
- 2Lower heat & add chilies, salt, oregano, chili powder and cilantro; simmer -3 minutes.
- 3Add cooked & shredded chicken & tomatoes. Combine well and simmer 2-3 minutes.
- 4Place 1/2 cup meat filling on each tortilla.
- 5Fold like a burrito with the ends tucked inside.
- 6Fry, seam side down, in 1/2 inch of hot oil, until mildly crispy and tan.
- 7Flip and brown other side. Drain on paper towels or strainer.
- 8Serve on a plate and top with shredded cheese, sour cream, and salsa.
- 9Garnish around the chimichanga some shredded lettuce and top lettuce with chopped tomatoes and sliced black olives,.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken or Beef Chimichangas (Tex-Mex)
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 236.6
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 39.3 mg
- Sodium 575.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 13.2 g