1 hr 5 mins
Susie T's Note:
Italian style chicken in a very tasty tomato sauce topped with melted cheese.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- oil (for deep frying)
- 4 chicken breast fillets, skin removed
- breadcrumbs, plain flour and 2 eggs for coating chicken
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon mixed Italian herbs
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup ready-made italian pasta sauce (Paul Newman's is good)
- 4 slices ham
- 1 1/2 cups grated tasty cheese
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, extra for topping
- 1Add Italian spices and 2 tbs parmesan cheese to breadcrumbs and mix.
- 2Add salt and pepper to flour and mix.
- 3Crumb chicken by coating in flour, then dipping in beaten egg and finally coating in breadcrumbs.
- 4Refrigerate for about half an hour.
- 5Heat oil and deep fry the crumbed breasts until cooked and golden.
- 6Drain on paper towel.
- 7Place chicken on a greased oven tray and arrange ham on top.
- 8Generously spread tomato sauce over ham and top with tasty cheese and extra parmesan.
- 9Place in a moderate low oven, about 150 degrees celsius until cheese is melted and golden.
- 10Serve with a salad and garlic bread.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Parmigiana
Serving Size: 1 (102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 310.9
- Calories from Fat 209
- Total Fat 23.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.9 g
- Cholesterol 71.0 mg
- Sodium 870.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 18.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chicken breast fillets
mixed Italian herbs