1/1 Photo of Chicken Taquitos
Shana J's Note:
This is one of my kids favorite recipes. We all love taquitos and since we can change use our choice of cheese and fillings they think they're better than the frozen taquitos in the store.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 (10 ounce) can mild enchilada sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheese cheddar cheese (or a shredded blend) or 1 cup mozzarella cheese (or a shredded blend) or 1 cup monterey jack pepper cheese (or a shredded blend)
- 1/2 cup onion, minced
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 24 corn tortillas
- oil (for deep frying)
- sour cream
- 1In a large bowl combine chicken, enchilada sauce, cheese, onion, chilies and garlic salt. Mix well and set aside.
- 2In a small skillet, heat oil. Use tongs to dip each tortilla in oil for about 5 seconds on each side. Drain on paper towels. Keep warm.
- 3Place 2 tablespoons of chicken mixture onto each tortills. Toll tortillas as tightly as possible and hold closed with a toothpick.
- 4Heat additional oil in skillet. Deep fry taquitos until browned (about 1-5 minutes depending on how crisp you want them). Drain on paper towel and serve with sour cream, salsa, or guacamole.
- 5Serve 2 taquitos per person.
- 6To freeze: Prepare taquitos as directed. Allow to cool and place on a baking sheet. Freeze until firm and then transfer to a freezer bag.
- 7To serve: Microwave to thaw and reheat.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Taquitos
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 318.7
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 27.3 mg
- Sodium 303.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 11.6 g