aka "Buddha's Bulldog Wings"
Make and share this Chicken Wings... Hot Dawgie Style recipe from Food.com.
- 10 ounces Catalina dressing
- 5 ounces texas pete hot sauce (or to desired heat level)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 20 fresh chicken wings, separated at joints disposing tips
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- garlic powder
- flour (for dredging)
- oil (for frying)
- 1 cup bleu cheese salad dressing, for dipping (or Ranch dressing)
- 4 celery ribs, trimmed and split lengthwise and cut in half
- Mix Catalina, Texas Pete, and Chili Powder into large bowl and set aside. In another large bowl toss wingettes with paprika and garlic powder.
- Place flour in a plastic grocery bag. Add wingettes (a few at a time) to the bag, twist shut and shake or 'knead' the bottom to coat wings.
- Shake off excess flour from wingettes, and drop wingettes into hot oil, enough to fill the pan. Do in batches. Cook about 12-15 min until done.
- Place immediately into bowl of Dawgie Wing sauce and toss to coat. Transfer wings to a serving platter and keep warm.
- Continue with rest of chicken. Serve with ranch dressing and celery stalks.