1/5 Photos of Chickpea Cutlets
This is from Veganomicon By Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup vital wheat gluten
- 1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth or 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves (pressed or grated)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon Hungarian paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rubbed sage
- olive oil, for pan frying
- 1Mash the chickpeas and oil together until no whole chickpeas remain.
- 2Add remaining ingredients and knead for 3 minutes until strings of gluten have formed.
- 3Preheat large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- 4Divide dough into four equal pieces. Flatten each piece and stretch to roughly 4x6 inches.
- 5Add a thin layer of olive oil to to the pan. Place cutlets in the pan and cook on each side for 6 to 7 minutes. They are ready when lightly brown and firm to the touch.
Browse Our Top Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chickpea Cutlets
Serving Size: 1 (91 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 193.5
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 781.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 5.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vital wheat gluten