1/1 Photo of "Chile Rellenos"
Colorado Cookie's Note:
A favorite from a local restaurant no longer in business. Not an authentic Mexican chile relleno, but a crispy, flaky version.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drain green chiles.
- 2Sprinkle cornstarch on sheet pan.
- 3Open up chile and place on egg roll wrapper with corner facing you.
- 4Place cheese stick on chile and roll up, tucking in corners and moistening edges to seal.
- 5Toss in cornstarch, dusting liberally.
- 6(Can be made up to this point a day ahead. Leave in cornstarch. Cover and refrigerate.) Shake off excess cornstarch and deep fry in 350 oil to cover until lightly golden and cheese just starts to ooze out.
- 7Drain on paper towels and keep warm in 250 oven.
- 8Serve as a side dish or appetizer with your favorite Mexican meal.
- 9Add your favorite condi- ments/sauces.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for "Chile Rellenos"
Serving Size: 1 (28 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 94.0
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 18.1 mg
- Sodium 274.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 5.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
egg roll wraps
whole green chilies