1/1 Photo of Chili Tofu
This delicious mouth watering recipe comes from today's Young Times. It's Chef Sanjeev Kapoor's recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1To start with, cut tofu into 1 inch diamond shaped pieces.
- 2Heat oil in a wok.
- 3Roll tofu pieces in cornflour.
- 4Now, deep fry them in hot oil on medium flame until the edges start to turn brown.
- 5Remove from wok, drain onto absorbent paper and keep aside.
- 6Blend 1 tbsp cornflour (this much will be leftover) in quarter cup of water.
- 7Keep aside.
- 8Peel onions and cut'em into thick slices.
- 9Peel, wash and crush garlic.
- 10Slice green chillies.
- 11Wash, halve, de-seed and cut capsicum into thick strips.
- 12Heat 2 tbsps.
- 13oil in a wok.
- 14Add garlic and stir-fry for a minute.
- 15Add green chillies, onions and capsicum.
- 16Saute for a few minutes.
- 17Add tofu.
- 18Stir in stock.
- 19Add salt, pepper powder, soy sauce and chilli sauce.
- 20Stir well.
- 21Stir in the blended cornflour.
- 22Cook on high flame, stirring until the sauce thickens to coat the tofu and vegetables.
- 23Serve rightaway with hot rotis or naan or parathas or even kulchas!
- 24Enjoy your meal!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chili Tofu
Serving Size: 1 (280 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 366.7
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 17.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1142.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 13.5 g
- Protein 12.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: