1 hr 5 mins
Way back in high school in my Home Economics class, we made these African cookies. I just found the recipe again digging through an old box. I remember them being delicious, and I hope you'll find them the same.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine flour, sugar, and baking powder in medium bowl.
- 2Stir in egg and milk until mixture is crumbly.
- 3With hands, work in butter until well blended.
- 4Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- 5In heavy skillet over medium heat, heat 1 inch of oil to 365 degrees F.
- 6On lightly floured board with floured rolling pin, roll out half of dough to 1/16 inch thickness.
- 7With pastry cutter or sharp knife, cut dough into 3 x 2 inch diamonds.
- 8Make a slit in center of each diamond and pull an end through the slit.
- 9Repeat with remaining dough until gone.
- 10Fry a few pieces at a time in hot oil until golden; drain on paper towels; cool.
- 11Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chin-Chin
Serving Size: 1 (494 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 35.2
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 7.1 mg
- Sodium 24.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 0.7 g