From the 'Oriental Menu Planner'
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and remove the seeds from the apple, cut into slices.
- 2Make a thick batter by mixing together flour, egg, cornflour, custard powder and water.
- 3Heal oil in a wok, dip the apple slices in the batter and deep fry. Remove, drain excess oil.
- 4In a separate wok, heat sugar along with a little oil and water till it reaches a thread-like consistency.
- 5Dip the apple slices in the sugar syrup to coat evenly.
- 6Remove carefully from the sugar syrup and dip in ice water for a minute.
- 7Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Candied Apple
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 399.2
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 93.0 mg
- Sodium 38.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 39.6 g
- Protein 8.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: