Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
In response to a request for egg rolls using peanut butter. Sounds good
Make and share this Chinese Egg Rolls recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 cups green cabbage, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup celery, chopped
- 1 lb diced lean pork
- 1⁄2 cup fine cut green onion, and tops
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 2⁄3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons peanut butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups bean sprouts
- 1 package egg roll wrap
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- Heat water in saucepan to boiling, add cabbage, celery and cook 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat, drain.
- Heat heavy skillet.
- Cook pork 2-3 minutes, remove from heat.
- Stir in bean sprouts, cabbage, green onions, celery mixture.
- Heat 2-3 minutes more.
- Vegetables should be crisp.
- Pile 1-2 tbsp filling diagonally across each egg roll skin.
- Fold over from each end and roll.
- Mix together batter: flour, egg, cold water.
- Place the egg rolls at once in batter and then in deep fat until golden color.