1/1 Photo of Chinese Orange-Sesame Chicken
This Americanized Chinese recipe is a fusion of two classic dishes- orange chicken and sesame chicken. I found it on an excellent blog, " Appetite for China". This recipe makes extra sauce (perfect for rice!).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- peanut oil, for frying (about 3 cups)
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1Combine the ingredients for the marinade. Add chicken and marinate for 15 to 20 minutes.
- 2In a separate bowl, mix together the sauce ingredients: orange juice, chicken stock, sugar, soy sauce, salt, and sesame oil. In a small to medium sized pot, heat up a few teaspoons oil and sauté minced garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add apple cider vinegar, then the combined sauce ingredients. Simmer until liquid is reduced by three fourths, about 15 minutes. Stir in cornstarch and water mixture until sauce thickens, then season with salt to taste. Set sauce aside and keep warm.
- 3Drip excess marinade off the chicken, and toss cubes in 1 cup of cornstarch. Shake off excess before frying.
- 4Meanwhile, heat up the 3 cups oil in a wok. When oil just begins to smoke, add the first batch of chicken cubes and deep-fry until cooked through, about 4 to 5 minutes. Remove chicken with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Repeat with the rest of the chicken.
- 5Reheat orange sauce and add drained chicken cubes. Mix until well-coated. Plate and sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Orange-Sesame Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (536 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 753.2
- Calories from Fat 215
- Total Fat 23.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 74.4 mg
- Sodium 1421.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 103.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 34.6 g
- Protein 28.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: