Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Serve these delicious crepes with sweet & sour sauce on the side or another of your favorite oriental sauces. You may serve these as an appetizer or part of a Chinese meal
- 36 cooked egg roll crepes (, see Chinese Egg Roll Wrap)
- 3 cups Chinese cabbage, finely chopped (use regular cabbage if not available)
- 1 (6 ounce) can water chestnuts, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 cups boiling water
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup catsup
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cups minced pork or 2 cups chicken, browned & cooked
- 1 egg
- lite olive oil
- In a large bowl combine the cabbage, water chestnuts& green onion.
- Pour the boiling water over them and let stand 5 minutes.
- Drain completely, let all the water drain off.
- Stir in the pinch of salt, soy,catsup, lemon juice, honey& pork (chicken).
- Place about two tbsp on each crepe.
- Fold up the bottom of the crepe then fold in the sides and finally bring down the top.
- Brush overlapping edges with the beaten egg and seal (press together).
- Carefully drop the crepes into about 1 inch of HOT oil (or use deep fryer 350F).
- Fry until crisp brown.
- Drain on paper towel.
Very very good. I made these with ground pork and purchased egg roll wrappers. My family loved them.
i made these today as part of a chinese dinner, they were wonderful. i used my deep fryer and halved the recipe, used frozen spring roll wrappers
I love these! They are so easy and the sauce is great. I shredded some zucchini and carrot and chopped some red bell pepper to add to the mix, can't say it made it different but it was quite tasty. Thank you!