Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a great recipe for fried chicken to use in orange or lemon chicken. It’s not super greasy and it tastes great even cold. Thanks Pops! Great with my orange chicken sauce, Orange Chicken Sauce.
- Cut chicken into inch pieces.
- Whisk together egg whites and soy sauce.
- Soak chicken in soy mixture for 20 minutes covered in the fridge.
- Add 2 cups oil to wok or deep fryer.
- Heat wok to 350°F.
- Put cornstarch and flour into a reseal able plastic freezer bag.
- Add chicken to bag a little at a time, shake until evenly coated. Add more of the 50/50 flour mixture as needed to finish the job.
- Add chicken to wok.
- Fry 15 seconds only. No browning yet!
- Remove chicken and place aside on a cookie sheet or bowl lined with paper towels.
- After all of the chicken has cooked for 15 seconds let cool for a few minutes.
- Fry it an additional 15-20 seconds or until golden.
- Always check meat. If it is pink it needs to be cooked longer.
- Top with your favorite lemon or orange sauce.
Rock on! Fantastic! Made last night and everyone enjoyed it,including the 2 kids I was baby-sitting who are extremely picky eaters. Served with rice and sweet and sour sauce (receipe # 362295). Will use this recipe over and over again!
Note: I did have to cook my chicken longer the second time, but that may have been b/c I had quite thick chunks of meat.
yummo! the family loved it! my future hubby said it tasted better then Chinese takeout.I made a sweet and sour sauce to go with it but will definately try your Orange sauce next time! :D:D
Everyone thought it looked and tasted just like authentic chinese! Not too difficult. The sause was pretty good, but im not big on orange sause so im going to try it with a different sause next time. Im going to do it this way from now on. Very tender! Thanx!