1/3 Photos of Chinese Style Fried Chicken
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut chicken into inch pieces.
- 2Whisk together egg whites and soy sauce.
- 3Soak chicken in soy mixture for 20 minutes covered in the fridge.
- 4Add 2 cups oil to wok or deep fryer.
- 5Heat wok to 350°F.
- 6Put cornstarch and flour into a reseal able plastic freezer bag.
- 7Add chicken to bag a little at a time, shake until evenly coated. Add more of the 50/50 flour mixture as needed to finish the job.
- 8Add chicken to wok.
- 9Fry 15 seconds only. No browning yet!
- 10Remove chicken and place aside on a cookie sheet or bowl lined with paper towels.
- 11After all of the chicken has cooked for 15 seconds let cool for a few minutes.
- 12Fry it an additional 15-20 seconds or until golden.
- 13Always check meat. If it is pink it needs to be cooked longer.
- 14Top with your favorite lemon or orange sauce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Style Fried Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (305 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 949.7
- Calories from Fat 584
- Total Fat 64.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 69.6 mg
- Sodium 3129.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 34.3 g