Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I always love these after a good Chinese... never tried making them myself, but now I definitely will!
- Prepare a batter by mixing together egg, flour, cornflour, custard powder and a little water (to make a runny batter).
- Heat oil in a wok, dip the banana pieces in the batter and deep fry.
- Remove, drain excess oil and keep aside.
- In a separate pot, cook the castor sugar along with water and oil till it turns golden in colour.
- Dip the friend banana pieces in the sugar syrup to coat evenly.
- Remove drain excess syrup and keep aside.
- Sprinkle sesame sees on top and dip in ice water for a few minutes.
- Remove and serve.