I always love these after a good Chinese... never tried making them myself, but now I definitely will!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare a batter by mixing together egg, flour, cornflour, custard powder and a little water (to make a runny batter).
- 2Heat oil in a wok, dip the banana pieces in the batter and deep fry.
- 3Remove, drain excess oil and keep aside.
- 4In a separate pot, cook the castor sugar along with water and oil till it turns golden in colour.
- 5Dip the friend banana pieces in the sugar syrup to coat evenly.
- 6Remove drain excess syrup and keep aside.
- 7Sprinkle sesame sees on top and dip in ice water for a few minutes.
- 8Remove and serve.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Toffee Banana
Serving Size: 1 (280 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 704.7
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 93.0 mg
- Sodium 38.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 156.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 139.3 g
- Protein 5.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: