Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
These appetizers disappear quickly! They are also great dipped in a mixture of soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce.
- Combine pork, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, and vegetables in a bowl.
- Separate wonton skins.
- Place a heaping teaspoon of filling in the center of the wonton.
- Brush water on 2 borders of the skin, covering 1/4 inch from the edge.
- Fold skin over to form a triangle, sealing edges.
- Pinch the two long outside points together.
- Heat oil to 450 degrees and fry 4 to 5 at a time until golden.
- Drain and serve with sauce.
These are maaaarvelous! I am on WW and made them for a party, and they simply were the talk of the crowd (and 2 points each)! Wonton wrappers found in produce aisle of grocery store. I also tried steaming a few and although the fried ones are better for a party, I held the steamed ones aside for just me! Made a great lunch! Susan
My teenage daughter has made these twice now. She cooks a whole batch and then individually froze them on a cookie sheet. She put in a freezer bag, and now after school she just heats them back up in the toaster oven - taste so good as if they were just made. Thanks!
These are just fantastic. The only change I made was a little seasoned salt & pretty big shake of red pepper flakes. It added just a little kick that I thought was lacking from the original recipe. Had a large dinner party today - chinese buffet - this was the hit of the party. Thanks for great recipe! Will use over and over!