Stephen Dunne's Note:
great british staple adopted from the french or the belgians not sure which one but cheers anyway!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1peel your spuds and chop them into half inch size.
- 2run them under the cold tap in a colander to wash the starch off.
- 3place your spuds in the microwave and blast them till they're soft.
- 4tip them onto a clean teatowel and dry them as beast you can.
- 5submerge them into pre-heated peanut oil (you can add a glug of pungent extra virgin if you like for the lovely taste and smell) at about 180 degrees celsius.
- 6cook till golden and floating as such.
- 7turn out onto kitchen roll and remove excess oil.
- 8turn into a warmed serving dish and dust with white pepper lots of sea salt and a good ol' splash of vinegar THE PERFECT CHIP.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for chips or freedom fries cheats method
Serving Size: 1 (3 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 69
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g