Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
great british staple adopted from the french or the belgians not sure which one but cheers anyway!
Make and share this chips or freedom fries cheats method recipe from Food.com.
- peel your spuds and chop them into half inch size.
- run them under the cold tap in a colander to wash the starch off.
- place your spuds in the microwave and blast them till they're soft.
- tip them onto a clean teatowel and dry them as beast you can.
- submerge them into pre-heated peanut oil (you can add a glug of pungent extra virgin if you like for the lovely taste and smell) at about 180 degrees celsius.
- cook till golden and floating as such.
- turn out onto kitchen roll and remove excess oil.
- turn into a warmed serving dish and dust with white pepper lots of sea salt and a good ol' splash of vinegar THE PERFECT CHIP.