1/3 Photos of Churros
This recipe is posted by request. I have not made it myself and therefore I have no idea how long it takes to prepare.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- vegetable oil or olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup margarine or 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
Chocolate for Churro Dunking
- 1Prepare to fry the churros by heating oil in a pan (1 to 1½ inches deep) to 360°F.
- 2To make churro dough, heat water, margarine and salt to rolling boil in 3-quart saucepan; stir in flour.
- 3Stir vigorously over low heat until mixture forms a ball, about 1 minute; remove from heat.
- 4Beat eggs all at once; continue beating until smooth and then add to saucepan while stirring mixture.
- 5Spoon mixture into cake decorators' tube with large star tip (like the kind use to decorate cakes).
- 6Squeeze 4-inch strips of dough into hot oil.
- 7Fry 3 or 4 strips at a time until golden brown, turning once, about 2 minutes on each side; drain on paper towels.
- 8(Mix sugar and the optional cinnamon); roll churros in sugar or dump the sugar on the pile of churros.
- 9Note: REAL churros are made without cinnamon mixed with the sugar, but the cinnamon adds an extra nice flavor.
- 10To Make the Cocolate Dunking Sauce--------.
- 11Place the chocolate and half the milk in a pan and heat, stirring, until the chocolate has melted.
- 12Dissolve the cornstarch in the remaining milk and whisk into the chocolate with the sugar.
- 13Cook on low heat, whisking constantly, until the chocolate is thickened, about five minutes.
- 14Add extra cornstarch if it doesn't start to thicken after 5 minutes.
- 15Remove and whisk smooth.
- 16Pour and serve in cups or bowls for dunking churros.
Nutritional Facts for Churros
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 185.7
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 46.8 mg
- Sodium 141.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 4.2 g